athletics4kids provides funding for families to ensure kids get a chance to take part in sports.
You can read more about their mission here: athletics4kids Story
If you’d like to take advantage of their grants there are some requirements that need to be met:
- Your child is between the ages of 5 – 18
- You are a resident of British Columbia
- Your annual net taxable family income is less than $45,000 Canadian dollars (some exceptions can be made)
- The sport you are applying for is an A4K approved sport (Hockey is)
- Your child is registered with a sports organization
Their application page will walk you through the process of applying.